25 Things About Me*, Demi Lovato
- 1. I was born in Dallas, Texas.
- 2. I make a mean queso. My unbelievable quesos are in my quesadilla.
- 3. My mom was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and country recording artist, so you can tell where I get my talent.
- 4. I never thought I was funny enough to be on Disney Channel.
- 5. I have an older sister, Dallas, and a younger sister, Madison.
- 6. When I was a kid, I was sitting next to Selena Gomez in line to audition for Barney & Friends. We ended up making the show together. We homeschooled together. We lived in a loft together when we were auditioning for things in L.A. We're teaming up next for Princess Protection Program.
- 7. It's definitely been extremely intimidating to work with people who are as well known as the Jonas Brothers are. There have been times where I definitely made a fool of myself and embarrassed myself by getting too starstruck. But we're planning to do a Camp Rock sequel.
- 8. I star in the Disney Channel's Sonny With a Chance, about a funny girl who posts her own videos online, gets discovered by a big-shot Hollywood producer and becomes the newest cast member of the kids sketch comedy show So Random!
- 9. My album Don't Forget debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200.
- 10. I really enjoy metal and I never used to listen to anything but rock, but I've been listening to different genres of music lately. Some favorites: Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday, John Mayer, Duffy, Phantom Planet.
- 11. I dealt with bullying in the past until I made the decision to homeschool.
- 12. I always had songwriting in the back of my head but it never came out
of me until about the 7th grade when I started homeschooling and ever
since then I've written probably around like 200-300 songs.
- 13. I'm super close to my co-star Tiffany Thornton (another Texas gal!), which is funny because her character Tawni is such a diva and is threatened by Sonny's talent.
- 14. I dominate at musical chairs. I crush at that game. There's an episode of Sonny where the So Random! cast goes head-to-head against the MacKenzie Falls cast. I won't tell you who wins.
- 15. I really like to shop at Urban Outfitters.
- 16. I usually wear lots of black and lots of eye makeup, but I've been dressing more "girly" lately because I'm more confident. I even have PINK nail polish on my toes now … which is weird because I haven't worn that since like, 8th grade.
- 17. Perez Hilton once accused me of cutting myself, but it was only because I had been wearing gummy bracelets really tight. When I took them off for Miley Cyrus' Sweet 16 birthday party, they left marks on my wrists.
- 18. Super Bowl Sunday was America's Next Top Model Marathon Day at my house.
- 19. On the set of Sonny, I once rolled a bagel across the set and it went under people's feet and hit the wall. Watch for that scene.
- 20. I look forward to Meatloaf Wednesday and Plaid Tuesday!
- 21. I was very resistant about reading the Twilight books at first because I thought they were just trendy, but I couldn't put the books down.
- 22. I like using emoticons like these – :D and :P
- 23. My dressing room at Sonny is the most undecorated room of the entire building … except for my awesome TV.
- 24. 30 Rock is one of my favorite shows, and Tina Fey is my idol in comedy.
- 25. I'd love William Beckett from the band The Academy Is … (TAI) to guest star on Sonny With a Chance.
*Okay, Demi didn't really write this, but it's all true and compiled from her January press tour interview and MySpace blog.
Demi Lovato's show Sonny With a Chance premieres on Disney Channel on Sunday, Feb. 8 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. Check out Zap2it's review of Sonny With a Chance.