Just when I thought everything was going my way on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” Ashley trotted out her little plan to end the newly reforming relationship between Anne and George. Did she think she could put her mom back with David and get a car of her own?
How dare Ashley come out against me on the Anne and George issue? How dare she? She’s a teenager, nothing more. I’m an adult, she needs to listen to her elders and if her parents can’t put her in her place I’m sure going to try… I just don’t know how yet.
I wonder if Ashley’s nefarious plans had more to do with her wanting a dog than anything else. Either that, or Ashley just didn’t want to move back into the old house. Boy was I happy that her little plan amounted to nothing more than a date between her parents. Score another point for the good guys!
I like that Ruben was the voice of reason with Adrian tonight, it’s too bad that the girl was so far off her rocker that it made no difference. I see her point of view, and Adrian wasn’t in the wrong, but not being in the wrong is not the same as not having to apologize. If Adrian honestly wants to continue to be with Ricky in the future and Ricky doesn’t want to end up in court, Adrian needs to be nice to Amy. And there’s no way Ricky should’ve threatened the court thing at the end of the episode tonight, he’s going to regret that.
That last scene between Adrian and Amy at Amy’s tonight seemed kind of excessive. Surely Ruben didn’t think that Adrian was going to actually apologize if he sent her there alone. He figured it out as soon as Adrian got back home, he could have guessed what Adrian was going to do before he sent her there. Perhaps he should have thought twice about that plan.
What was the deal with Grace and Kathleen freaking out over Tom being upset? I’ve never known the two of them to walk on eggshells around him before, so I wasn’t quite buying that whole scene tonight. Plus, I don’t accept the football throwing incident either. I can’t argue about whether or not it happened — obviously it did — I can only say that prior to tonight I would never have guessed that Tom had serious anger issues.
Bits and pieces:
- Amy and the football coach. How much fun was that? I know I say it every week, but seriously, how dumb is Amy? It makes no difference if the coach is just a coach or the counselor too, she ought not be talking to him that way.
- Building on that, how did Anne possibly claim to the coach that she doesn’t allow Amy to disrespect her at home. Amy does nothing but disrespect Anne at home.
- Do you think there was some hanky-panky between Jack and Madison over the summer, or is Madison just wishing that something had happened and telling everyone about said wishes?
- Is Amy thinking she might want to marry Ricky? Say it ain’t so.
- Betty is definitely “special.”
- My last piece of advice for tonight: google your date. Always google your date.
The TV and Film Guy’s Reviews – we’re totally google-able.
Follow Zap2it on Twitter for all the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.