Who knew Jay-Z’s “Big Pimpin'” could stir up such a meeting of the minds on Twitter?
]]>Kim Kardashian tweeted the above picture with the caption, “Big pimpin w @SerenaJWilliams @LaLaVazquez @Kelly_Rowland Love u girls!” This sparked the following exchange between Ms. Kardashian and Demi Moore (Mrs. Kutcher):
- Demi: Are you using the word “pimpin” as in pimping? RT @KimKardashian: Big pimpin w @SerenaJWilliams @LaLaVazquez
- Kim: Doesn’t everyone? LOL RT @mrskutcher Are you using the word “pimpin” as in pimping? RT @KimKardashian Big Pimpin
- Kim: @mrskutcher Nothing wrong with dancing to Big Pimpin’ by Jay Z in the club! Having a girls night out, gotta love that song!
- Demi: @KimKardashian No disrespect I love a girls night out but a pimp and pimping is nothing more than a slave owner!
- Demi: if we want to end slavery we need to stop glorifying the “pimp” culture
- Demi: It’s not her! iwe have allowed it 2 B considered cool, but it still is what its! RT @jaeearly: tru but she doesnt mean it quite so literally
- Demi: Just so ya’ll are clear I like @KimKardashian I was just making a point about how we have used a word and desensitized the real meaning .
- Demi: Clearly I stirred up a s**t storm, but 2 create change U have 2 be willing 2 take a risk and be willing 2 provoke thought & conversation
- Kim: Good point!I agree! It was just a song not literal RT @mrskutcher 2create change U have 2 be willing 2 take a risk&willing 2 provoke thought
- Demi: Thx 4 understanding! RT @KimKardashian Good point!I agree! It was just a song not literal RT @mrskutcher 2create change U have2 take a risk
It’s always nice to see a rational discussion where the people can walk away not being mad at each other and possibly having learned something, even if it is on Twitter where the words “to” and “for” are numerical. Ending child slavery has actually become a new platform for Demi Moore and husband Ashton Kutcher. They are encouraging the government to work on Haiti abolishing the practice of “restavec,” or giving up children for a supposedly better life as a household servant when in fact the children are forced into slavery, often of a sexual nature, before the government gives millions of dollars in aid to earthquake-striken country. For more information, please visit their website at DemiAndAshton.org, their twitter at @dnafoundation or the Facebook page for Demi & Ashton Foundation.
Follow Zap2it’s Dish
Rag on Twitter and Facebook
and follow Zap2it Andrea
on Twitter for the latest celebrity news and buzz
Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore start DNA Foundation to help end child slavery
‘Hope for Haiti Now’: Justin Timberlake’s ‘Hallelujah’
Sheryl Crow and J-Hud wow telethon audience Photo credit: Twitpic