Zap2it’s weekly “Dispatches from Inside the ‘Idol’ Dome” brings
fanatics like you (and us) closer to all the action. What didn’t viewers
see on the TV broadcast? We got it covered.
We’ve got celebrities, fashion reports and some cougars that were definitely on the prowl. What else happened behind-the-scenes at “American Idol” Inspirational Songs week?
Celebs ‘R Us
- All five eliminated Top 12 Idols were in the house tonight. Lacey, Paige and Didi were sitting together and they were the first on their feet for every Idol tonight, which was nice.
- Andrew and Katie apparently flew in from somewhere and came straight to the studio. They arrived between Lee and Tim’s performances.
- Katie got to help Cory the Warm-up Host throw out t-shirts — girlfriend has an arm. She threw a rolled up t-shirt about 3/4 of the way across the studio audience. That girl is so driven, we fully expect to see her trying out for Yankees in a couple years.
- Olympian Shawn Johnson, “24” actress Annie Wersching and Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenburger (the land-on-the-Hudson-River-hero) were also in the house, though they did have Sully move to an aisle seat for Ryan’s on-camera hello, then moved him back to a middle-of-the-row seat when it was over. We think they should’ve just made Ryan climb into the row. That spry little elf could handle it.
Simon, put down the cigarette
- We haven’t mentioned this up ’til now because one time is an anomaly, a second time is a coincidence, but it has happened a third time and now it’s a pattern. At the start of the night, Cory the Warm-up Host introduces Kara, Randy and Ellen. He then introduces the Top 7 (or 8 or 9) Idols. And then Simon comes running in about 30 seconds before air.
- Is he finishing that last smoke? Is he smooching his make-up artist fiancee Mizhgan? We don’t know. But he is always running late.
- Crystal is not used to a long dress. Anytime she had to move around the stage, she would just reach down, hitch it up to her knees and then run around in the flip flops she had on, which makes us love her just a little bit more.
- Siobhan’s dress and shoes were even more impressive up close when we talked to her backstage. There were even butterflies on the ribbons winding up the backs of her legs.
- Casey James’ jacket and vest was part of a three-piece suit he bought just today (April 20). He was very proud of himself, he had it tailored and everything.
The unwashed masses
- The cougars are getting out of control. Did you hear the very loud “We love you Casey” while Ryan was giving out Casey’s number? Those were the women surrounding us. The Casey love we kind of get, but they were also cuckoo for Aaron Kelly.
- One of them was shouting about A. Kelly taking her to prom and she is 50 if she’s a day. She was wearing white booty shorts, a teal halter top with no bra or discernible lining and she had pink streaks in her blonde hair. Also? Kept reminding us that she is from Chattanooga. Not sayin’ anything. Just sayin’.
- While Crystal was getting set up, Cory the Warm-up Host was throwing t-shirts and Crystal said into her live mic, “You should make it fair and give one to everybody.” We wholeheartedly agree, but only when Cory is passing out the weekly iPod Touch.
Crystal Bowersox texted Katelyn Epperly, ‘Betrayed by Seacrest’
Keys to mentor for ‘Idol Gives Back’ week
Idol’ inspirational songs: What should the top 7 sing?