Zap2it’s weekly “Dispatches from Inside the ‘Idol’ Dome” brings you closer to all the action. What didn’t viewers
see on the TV broadcast? We’ve got it covered.
Has there ever been a behind-the-“Idol”-scenes romance between two contestants? We don’t think so, but we are now going to sigh dreamily and pretend like Siobhan and Lee have one. What else happened off-camera?
We’re with the band
- Rascal Flatts was great live, but Michael Lynche and Lee Dewyze were super-pumped about the “Idol” band drummer who sat in with them on the first song. The drummer really let it rip a couple times and Mike and Lee were laughing delightedly, then leapt to their feet for him when it was over, pointing and clapping and cheering.
- So many acts and segments were pre-recorded tonight that we spent a lot of time just sitting in the studio alone — no judges, no Idols, no nothing. They were probably all backstage partying and us in the studio audience were watching television with 500 of our closest friends.
- “Idol” bandleader Rickey Minor got his first fan-made sign of the season. One little girl had an “I [Heart] Rickey Minor” sign. He was very pleased from up where the band sits.
Puss ‘n Boots! And possibly some Kardashians?
- You guys saw on TV that Antonio Banderas and Cameron Diaz were there to promote “Shrek Forever After.” What you didn’t see is that Antonio Banderas = short in person and that Cameron Diaz might be the prettiest celebrity we’ve seen in real life. She is stunning and took a lot of time to say hi and hug audience members. Totally cool.
- There may have been a Kardashian or two in the house, but not one of the older really famous ones. Maybe the two younger ones? Kylie and Kendall? We’re not sure.
- The judges were absolutely stunned when Big Mike was safe and the Bottom 2 were Casey and Siobhan. When the cameras cut to commercial following that announcement, they just sat there making open-mouthed, goggle-eyed faces at each other.
- After Siobhan was eliminated, Kara ran up on stage to take extra time to hug and talk with her.
- Siobhan started crying before the elimination even happened and who was there to comfort her with a big hug? Lee Dewyze. He had to be shooed back to the contestants’ couch.
- Similarly, after she was eliminated, he wanted to come over to her during her video package but was stopped by Debbie the Stage Manager.
- When she finally finished her sing-out and the cameras cut away, he rushed over to her and they just embraced tightly for several minutes. No other Idol even got to hug her before they were all shuffled away.
- What does this mean? Probably that Lee and Siobhan have just gotten to be good friends. But in our head — they are in LURVE and are going to have cute, weird, talented babies.
Check out our other dispatch from the “Idol” dome — Lady Gaga performed Alejandro and it was amazing.