Can’t wait until Saturday, May 8 at 11:30 p.m. ET to get your Betty White fix when she hosts “Saturday Night Live?” The Game Show Network has just the thing to get you by.
GSN is airing a marathon of Betty White on “Match Game,” a hilarious celebrity-filled (and definitely smoke-filled. And possibly booze-filled) game show from the 1970s. The seven-hour, 14-episode marathon will feature episodes from 1974 to 1977 and all of them have Ms. Betty White on the six-celebrity panel.
GSN teases that the episodes include:
- Betty demonstrating exotic dancing.
- Betty answering the question, “Every time I go streaking, Allen Ludden makes me wear his [BLANK].”
- The stars throwing an ice cube that lands in Betty’s blouse–and all the men volunteer to retrieve it.
- Richard Dawson pretending to woo Betty when host Gene Rayburn “catches” them in a lovers’ embrace.
- Game question: “Betty White said, ‘My husband Allen is not quite as funny as a barrel of monkeys, but he’s just as funny as a case of [BLANK].”
If you are not familiar with “Match Game,” this is must-see TV. Why we can’t have game shows like this nowadays we do not know, but all the reruns we’ve seen of it have left us just rolling. GSN’s “Best of Betty White” “Match Game” marathon will air on Saturday, May 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET. To tide you over until then, here’s a great clip of Betty hilariously taking over the hosting duties for Gene Rayburn.