Zap2it’s weekly “Dispatches from Inside the ‘Idol’ Dome” brings
fanatics like you (and us) closer to all the action. What didn’t viewers
see on the TV broadcast? We got it covered.
It totally looked as though Constantine Maroulis had joined Daughtry! What else happened off-camera?
“Idol” needs a clap-o-meter
- We would love to see an actual meter that registers the applause by the studio audience. Tonight would’ve been humorous because the reactions were quite varied.
- When Cory the Host announced tonight’s performance lineup, Daughtry got the young people’s applause, Bon Jovi got everybody’s and poor Fantasia hardly got any. Thankfully she wasn’t out on stage at that point. A girl behind us actually asked her friend, “What’s Fantasia?” Not “who,” but “what.” We kid you not.
Those stools are slippery lil’ suckers
- The Idols were center stage on the stools for the Ford music video, so when it played on the screen, they tried to swivel around and watch. Except the stools don’t swivel. Crystal almost slipped off hers.
- Meanwhile, Big Mike barely fits on a stool. We don’t know how we didn’t notice before because he’s been on the Stools of Doom prior to the Top 4, but yeah … Mike barely fits.
From “Rock of Ages” to Daughtry?
- When Daughtry started performing, we wrote in our notes, “His guitar player looks like A LOT like Constantine Maroulis. Weird.”
- Then said guitar player looked like he wanted to come forward into Ryan’s interview with Chris Daughtry, so we thought maybe it really was Constantine?
- Then after the show went to commercial, the judges came up to greet and hug Daughtry and they were hugging and shaking hands with Bizarro Constantine too. If we didn’t know better, we’d swear it was really him. They say everybody has a twin out there and we think we just found the Maroulis doppelganger.
- Casey James threw a guitar pick into the mosh pit and almost incited a riot. Seriously, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth trying to find that thing in the semi-dark studio.
- During the dramatic Mike-Lee-Crystal results moment, Debbie the Stage Manager tripped over the smoke machine and dropped a very large flashlight with a loud thunk. Our side of the audience giggled and she scurried backstage.
- Chuck Liddell was there. Yeah, we know … what?! He was an MMA fighter and also appeared on a season of “Dancing With the Stars,” but still. Random.
the ‘Idol’ survey even ask the right questions?
viewers can express displeasure in survey
Lambert adds tour dates, announces themes
Photo credits: FOX