Zap2it’s weekly “Dispatches from Inside the ‘Idol’ Dome” brings
fanatics like you (and us) closer to all the action. What didn’t viewers
see on the TV broadcast? We got it covered.
We’ve got dreadlocks, Randy Jackson getting a lap dance and Harry Connick Jr. making us melt into a puddle of goo. What else happened behind-the-scenes?
No celebrities, but…
- Rickey Minor took time to sign autographs and greet the audience before the show, so that was cool of him. Our tween seat-mates sisters Taylor and Hayley did not know who he was and had to be prodded to talk to him by their mother. God bless moms.
- The dreads were in the house tonight. We saw no less than three women sporting Crystal Bowersox’s ‘do. One the girl’s dreads were purple.
- During the pre-show warm-up, Cory the Host brought people down to dance on stage like usual. But the 25-or-so-year-old man he chose this particular night was really busting a move. In the sense that the only thing missing was a stripper pole. Alarming.
- There is a pretty Asian woman who works for CBS and helps make sure all the seats are filled. She had on a pretty suit with a kicky scarf Wednesday night (May 5) and the very excited woman behind us exclaimed, “It’s Julie Chen!” This woman only looks like Julie Chen insofar as they are both Asian.
Randy Jackson gets a lap dance
- Ryan took over Kara’s chair during the group sing and sat huddled with Simon. They gabbed the whole time.
- What did Kara do without a seat? Sat on Randy’s lap and wiggled along with the group sing. He appeared to enjoy himself.
- Speaking of Kara, she had on a white tank top tucked into denim painter pants. If it weren’t for her high-heeled pumps, she would’ve looked like she finished up her gardening right before “Idol” and couldn’t be bothered to change.
- The judges seemed genuinely surprised that the Bottom 2 was Mike and Aaron instead of Crystal and Casey. Upon the announcement, they immediately started their “pick-a-little, talk-a-little, cheep cheep cheep” chatter amongst themselves.
Harry Connick Jr. would be perfection
- HCJ live was a performance to remember. He is so smooth on those low notes that our panties almost burst into flames. He was also tearing up the piano so well we are surprised it didn’t burst into flames too. We hope HCJ was as good on TV as it was in person.
- We appreciated his snark in the video montage about making a crack at Crystal’s insulin pump, since not 10 minutes prior we had written in our notes, “Is Crystal checking her phone in her pocket?” Ooops.
- During one commercial break, Cory the Host brought 5-year-old Leo up on stage. He got his hair tousled and high fives from no less than Big Mike, Aaron Kelly, Ryan Seacrest and Harry Connick Jr. Leo then startled the crap out of Simon Cowell as Leo ran smack into Simon on his way back to his seat. Adorable.
- After the Idols performed the HCJ medley, Connick had big hugs for all of them and spent an extended period of time talking to Casey James. After the show was over completely, he and Simon palled around for several minutes. We think the Harry Connick Jr. showcase that was the Top 5 results show plus his being chummy with Simon just adds fuel to our Harry-Connick-for-Simon-replacement fire.
on Facebook for the latest movies, TV and celeb news.
Melinda Doolittle’s favorite is Lee Dewyze, agrees Harry Connick should judge
Melinda Doolittle on her book ‘Beyond Me,’ friend Jordin Sparks
Should Harry Connick Jr. replace Simon Cowell?
Jackson: Simon Cowell’s replacement needs to be ‘modern-day Houdini’