If you missed the “Glee” panel at Comic-Con, hold your slushies! We’ve got all the highlights for you from the event, which included a panel discussion with executive producers Ryan Murphy and Dante Di Loreto, and stars Jenna Ushkowitz, Chris Colfer, Amber Riley, Kevin McHale, Heather Morris, Naya Rivera.
First of all, the room full of “Glee” fans were not happy when the cast referenced singing Justin Bieber songs in the episodes. Sorry, Biebettes! It doesn’t look like “Somebody to Love” is going to find its way onto “Glee” any time soon — unless you count Queen’s song, which was performed in Season 1.
Though the writers have said that Finn and Rachel will stick togther all season, the same can’t be said for Artie and Tina. “We’re writing an episode that I really like, where we find out that Tina has fallen out of love with Artie and in love with Mike,” Murphy says.
As for the love affair between BFF cheerios Santana and Brittany, Murphy says things are still up in the air. Murphy is writing an episode
“where we’re debating whether they should kiss.”
Rivera loves the storyline. “I think it’s amazing and neither of us expected to happen. We
were just having fun together,” she says. “I’m glad we have such a fanbase because we’re best friends. We make out all the time.”
“Glee” is famous for its themed episodes, and one upcoming episode will feature plenty of solos for Mercedes. Murphy confirms, “We’re working on an episode that’s about religion, and we get to go with Amber’s character to her church.”
More bits and bites:
- There will be another Madonna episode, though Murphy isn’t sure when it’ll happen.
- Chris Colfer doesn’t have everything in common with Kurt: “I don’t care for ten inch heels. I am just a huge, huge nerd,” he says.
- Jenna Ushkowitz is a huge fan of “The Vampire Diaries.”
- Kurt and his boyfriend will be Prom King and King.
- Morris’ favorite Brittany one-liners: “My favorite was the gay sharks, or the mouse. It’s a funny one. It’s unexpected.”
- They re-used props from the actual “Vogue” video for their recreation!
- The Britney Spears episode will be called “Britney Brittany.” “We’re doing it in a really fun, hallucinogenic way,” Murphy says.
If we weren’t excited for Season 2 already, we certainly are now!
on Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Photo Credit: Getty Images