Previously: Matt is an idiot, Andrew was evicted (but not before outing Hayden and Kristen’s secret showmance), and Rachel won HoH.
Although we saw some fireworks at the end of Thursday’s elimination episode, tonight we find out the war of words started way before that, with Hayden confronting Andrew while everyone else was voting. Nice! That would have been a lot more interesting to watch live than seeing people unanimously evict Andrew, don’t you think? Kristen and Hayden completely deny everything, with an impressive conviction considering they are lying through their teeth.
Rachel is HoH, Part Duh
As soon as Rachel wins HoH she immediately goes after Kristen, and the whole thing devolves into a ridiculous fight. Everyone who isn’t Kristen or Hayden is loving the drama. The most absolutely STUPID moment comes when, after the fight peters out, Rachel gives Kathy a hard time for hugging Kristen and Hayden. Because apparently Kathy is only allowed to hug her? I don’t know. But I do know Rachel sucks. For real. I can’t even get into the crying she does later to Hayden because Kristen is “mean.” UGH. Kristen, for her part, displays some severely poor strategy but blatantly not accepting Rachel’s apology when it is offered. She later goes to the HoH room to talk things out, but is the damage already done?
The Brigade of Fools
The Brigade spends a moment reflecting on how inept they are as an alliance (truth) but does say that if Kristen and Hayden end up on the block together, they are golden because Kristen will likely go home.
Shameless Promotion Alert!
The houseguests are brought into the living room (by Rachel in a skimpy cop outfit) and who should appear on their flatscreen but Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg, promoting their new buddy cop comedy “The Other Guys.” Will is appropriately into it, but Mark looks like he’d rather be dancing to “Good Vibrations” in his Calvin Kleins. The reason they’re there? The winner of the upcoming luxury competition gets to see a sneak preview of the film. The competition is a cop-themed team obstacle course. The testosterone-fueled trio of Hayden, Enzo and Brendon tear through the course the fastest and get to see the movie.
Despite her uncertainty earlier in the episode, Rachel does what everyone expected and nominates Hayden and Kristen for eviction. I may not like Rachel, but these are intelligent nominations in a season full of dumb moves.
- “No way. This whole time I thought they were cousins, now I find out they’re kissing cousins.” – Lane
- “And you’re so smart because you have a chemistry degree? String a sentence together without using the word ‘like,’ will you?” – Hayden, to Rachel
- “I have been waiting a month for people to fight, pull hair, pull extensions. And I’m not even a religious person, but I’ve been praying for this moment.” – Ragan
- “Rachel is a complete ho-bag. Seriously, girl, you are straight-up jealous of me and you have been since day one.” – Kristen (Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner.)
- “If Hayden wants to get a little nookie on the side, that’s fine by me. But if it interferes with The Brigade, we have a problem” – Enzo
- “‘Who wants to see my HoH room?’ Nobody. In fact, we’d rather hang ourselves. But guess who’s most excited? Me.” – Britney (Amazing delivery on this one. This girl could be on a sitcom.)