We think Jennifer really found her stride. She started off a little Paula-ish. Afraid to be mean, not wanting to crush someone’s hopes and dreams. But she figured out quickly enough that the producers find the most horrible, crazy people they can to send into the judges for the “funny” auditions and she straightened right up. We think she has potential.
Here are some of J.Lo’s gems from the premiere:
- [to a bad singer from the Ivory Coast] — “It’s not about your accent, it’s more really just about the singing.”
- [on having to be mean] — “Why did I sign up for this?! I wanna go home!”
- [on contestant Ashley Sullivan] — “She’s out of her mind, but I love it.”
- [on contestant Robbie Rosen] — Randy: “Should we vote?” Jennifer: “No. Hollywood. Bye!”
- [to Randy] — “How did you do this for 10 years?”
- [to Steven, during a bad audition] — “Make him stop. Do it.”
- [on contestant Victoria Huggins, through clenched teeth] — “Giveheragoldenticket.”
- [advice to Devyn Rush] — “Your voice is a star, so you need to start believing that and acting that way, dressing that way.”
What did you think of Jennifer Lopez her first time out as a judge?