Former “Melrose Place” star Katie Cassidy has found her next regular TV gig: She’ll star in ABC’s Washington-set drama “Georgetown.”
Cassidy, who’s coming off a recurring role on “Gossip Girl,” will play a White House aide/model in the pilot, Deadline Hollywood reports. Daisy Betts (“Persons Unknown”) has also joined the show, which previously cast “Lone Star’s” James Wolk.
“Georgetown” follows a group of political staffers in the nation’s capital. Wolk plays a presidential speechwriter, and Betts will play another White House staffer who comes from a political family. Will Fetters (“remember Me”) is writing the pilot; Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage (“Gossip Girl,” “Chuck”) are executive producing.
Other casting news, per Deadline:
– “Perfect Couples” star Kyle Bornheimer has been cast in FOX’s comedy pilot “Council of Dads,” about a widow (Diane Farr) whose late husband asks several of his friends to help her out. The pilot is in second position to “Perfect Couples” (which has posted weak ratings on NBC this winter), meaning FOX would have to recast the role if “Couples” somehow gets picked up.
– Leslie Bibb (“Iron Man 2,” “Kings”) and Annie Potts (“Ghostbusters,” “Men in Trees”) have joined ABC’s “Good Christian B***hes.” Bibb will play the lead role, a divorced mother who moves back to her old neighborhood in Dallas and is set upon by the gossipy women who live there; Potts will play her mom.
– “Off the Map’s” Rachelle LeFevre will star in NBC’s Civil War-era “The Crossing” as a Confederate widow who becomes involved with a soldier who’s just arrived in her Missouri town. The pilot is in second position to “Off the Map,” which has struggled in the ratings.
– Jaime King, late of “My Generation,” will star opposite Rachel Bilson in The CW’s “Hart of Dixie.” She’ll play a resident of the Southern town where Bilson’s New York doctor inherits a practice. King’s fellow “My Generation” star Daniella Alonso, meanwhile, has been cast in the NBC drama “S.I.L.A.”
– Also at The CW, Alex Breckenridge will be “Cooper” half of its female buddy-cop show “Cooper & Stone.” Her credits include “Life Unexpected” and “Dirt.”
– Stephen Tobolowsky (“Heroes,” “Glee”) will co-star with Minnie Driver in CBS’ “Hail Mary,” playing a private detective who helps Driver’s Mary get her own PI license.
– Abigail Spencer (“Mad Men,” “Hawthorne”) will star in ABC’s drama “Grace” as the daughter of Eric Roberts‘ character. She’s a former dancer who’s now a lawyer but returns to the family business to help save her dad’s dance studio.
– Also: Jennifer Ehle (“The King’s Speech”) will star opposite Patrick Wilson in CBS’ Susannah Grant drama; Rhys Darby (“Flight of the Conchords”) has joined CBS’ comedy “How to Be a Gentleman”; “Rescue Me’s” Steven Pasquale will star in USA’s “Over/Under”; Jay Paulson (“October Road”) has joined the ABC drama “Identity”; and Emily Rutherfurd (“The New Adventures of Old Christine”) has joined another CBS comedy, “The Assistants.”