“American Idol” sent another contestant home after a surprisingly good Carole King night – we love Carole King, but we weren’t sure how the Idols would handle her. Answer: very well.
The “Bottom 3” came down to Scotty McCreery, Casey Abrams and Jacob Lusk, but Seacrest never actually said they were the bottom. He actually made it a point to say the results were in random order. Jacob is sent back to safety first, which is surprising. And then Casey is eliminated. Again. Bummer. His sing-out, though, is like the greatest thing the “Idol” stage has ever seen.
Highlights on the way to the elimination include:
- A “Marry Me, Randy” sign. Huh. Don’t see that every day on “Idol.”
- There is a weird, random trip to the British Consolate to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
- The Carole King Medley was as ghastly as the James/Jacob duet from last night.
- Though Haley and Lauren on “One Fine Day” was awesome.
- The Ford Music Video was set to “Our House” and featured the Idols drawing a house, very Aha of them.
- Crystal Bowersox was in the house to perform “Ridin’ with the Radio,” which is a great song for her voice, very fun.
- There are some fan questions. Zzzzzzz.
- Just when we thought it couldn’t get any more boring, they relived last night’s performances and judges comments. Hard up for filler?
What do you think, “Idol” fans? Did the right person go home?