The epic battle of Levi Johnston versus the Palins is turning into an ugly “he said/she said” slugfest. Johnston’s book, “Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs,” directly contradicts much of what both Sarah Palin and Bristol Palin have been saying in public.
Johnston’s tell-all (due out Sep. 20) is a response to ex-girlfriend Bristol Palin’s book “Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far,” released last June. Some of Johnston’s arguments include the following:
- Bristol claimed that the two first had sex on a camping trip while she was highly intoxicated on wine coolers. Johnston’s book argues that the two were sexually active well before the trip and Johnston would often curb Bristol’s drinking as it made her “lose her judgement.”
- Bristol was jealous of Sarah’s pregnancy with Trig and sought to retaliate by getting pregnant herself.
- Upon hearing the news of the pregnancy, Bristol’s father, Todd Palin, became aggressive and told Johnston to quit school and get a job.
- Sarah Palin wanted to adopt Bristol’s baby Tripp as her own to “avoid a scandal,” but both Johnston and Bristol were against the idea.
- Johnston was indeed present for the birth of his child, something that Sarah Palin has denied in interviews.
- Johnston denies getting another girl pregnant despite what Bristol has publicly claimed.
It sounds like both parties are taking opposite positions on every issue, meaning someone is lying. In Sarah Palin’s book, “America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag,” Palin called Johnston’s attempts at cultivating his fame “disgusting.” It remains to be seen who exactly is warping the truth in an effort to manipulate public opinion.