The red carpet is one hell of a place to make an impression. You can light the gossip rags on fire with the perfect dress or you can catch the ire of a thousand fashion police officers with a swing-and-a-miss. Or, if you’re “Boardwalk Empire’s” Paz de la Huerta, you can hit the rare intersection of the two.
De la Huerta possesses the special type of devil-may-care attitude that allows for her public blunders to fuel her fame. Her red carpet (and orange skinned) appearance from Sunday’s Emmy Awards has people wondering, “who was that disheveled yet oddly magnetic beauty?” Here’s a quick catch-up on Paz:
- Her full name is Maria de la Paz Elizabeth Sofia Adriana de la Huerta.
- She is best known for her role as Lucy Danziger on HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” but she has appeared in “The Cider House Rules,” “A Walk to Remember,” and “Choke,” among other films.
- Paz is a fixture on the downtown NY art circuit and cultivates a punk-rock lifestyle.
- Attended school with fashion designer Zac Posen; he cites her as his muse.
- Paz’s mother, Judith Bruce, describes her as “Genghis Khan meets Marie Antoinette.”
- A photo of a 14-year-old Paz doing makeup as her mother looked on was exhibited at the NY Museum of Modern Art.
- Paz has had relationships with numerous celebrities including Jack Nicholson, Orlando Bloom and Scott Weiland.
- Paz has a modeling contract with lingerie company Agent Provocateur.
You can read an in-depth profile on this decidedly unique actress here.