Rick Perry has had a rough campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. After starting off hot out of the gate, he’s stumbled and gaffed his way into a deep underdog position. And things got worse Wednesday (Nov. 9) when he forgot his own talking points during a debate.
Well, rather than hide from his mistake, he decided to go on “The Late Show with David Letterman” to offer his “Top 10” excuses for the foul up.
Here’s what Perry had to say:
RICK PERRY DELIVERS ‘TOP 10’ EXCUSES
10. Actually, there were three reasons I messed up last night: 1) was the nerves and 2) was the headache and 3) um…uh…oops.
9. I don’t know what you’re taking about – I think things went well.
8. I was up late last night watching “Dancing with the Stars.”
7. I thought the debate was tonight.
6. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude!
5. Uh, El Nino?
4. I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate.
3. I really hoped it would get me on my favorite talk show, but instead, I ended up here.
2. I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.
1. I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.