President Obama‘s fourth State of the Union address is taking place Tuesday night (Jan. 24) starting at 9 p.m. ET across all the major networks and the cable news networks. If you’re tuning in and want a little something extra to do, you can follow along with the State of the Union drinking game.
The instructions are too numerous to list in their entirety, but here are some highlights:
- Drink once every time you hear “progress,” “let me be clear” or “make no mistake”
- If you hear “debt,” borrow a shot from a friend, promise you’ll really pay it back this time
- If you hear “deficit,” finish your drink; borrow the drink of the person next to you and drink it too
- Drink twice when the President calls a tax increase “asking someone to pay more”
- When he adds a color qualifier to jobs (“green” jobs, “blue collar” jobs), drink one drink of the same color
- When they show the First Lady, drink once. When they show the First Lady’s arms, drink once, delivered by bicep curl
- Drink once when they show Speaker Boehner. Drink again if he’s crying.
- Drink once if they show any of your Congressional representatives, then pat yourself on the back for being able to identify your Congressional representatives.
Should make for a more entertaining SOTU. Will you be tuning in, drinking or otherwise?