Have some small portions of TV news. You know, like tapas.
– Katy Perry will help “Raising Hope” celebrate its new timeslot — 8 p.m. ET Tuesdays — when she guest-stars on the FOX comedy March 6. She’ll play a jail guard who makes things rough on Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) after Sabrina’s arrested in an Occupy Natesville protest. Yes, that’s Perry in the picture. [FOX]
– “Cougar Town” star Josh Hopkins will appear on two episodes of “In Plain Sight’s” final season, which debuts March 16. He’ll play a single dad who puts the moves on Mary (Mary McCormack) — but the return of Raph (Cristian de la Fuente) might put a damper on the potential new relationship. [TV Guide]
– “The X Factor’s” Rachel Crow has signed a record deal with Columbia Records, and she’s also making her way to TV. The 14-year-old will have a recurring part on Nickelodeon’s new series “Fred: The Show,” and the cable channel is also developing a comedy project built around her. [Nickelodeon]
– Former “Lost” regular Dominic Monaghan is embarking on a new adventure with BBC America. The cable channel has picked up “Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan,” an eight-episode travelogue where he searches for the “biggest, scariest and weirdest insects on the planet” in places like Ecuador and Namibia. [BBC America]
– CMT has renewed its series “Bayou Billionaires” and “My Big Redneck Vacation” for second seasons. Since their debuts in January, the two shows have become the highest-rated original series in the channel’s history. [CMT]
– CBS will keep broadcasting the annual Kennedy Center Honors through 2018 after renewing its broadcast agreement with the center. CBS has aired the honors every year since 1978. [CBS]