Enjoy the latest helping of bite-sized TV news.
– “One Tree Hill” and “Northern Exposure” veteran Barry Corbin will play Cameron’s (Eric Stonestreet) father in an episode of “Modern Family” to air later this season. Stonestreet shared a picture of himself with Corbin at a table read last week. [WhoSay/Eric Stonestreet]
– Former “Lone Star” lead and current “Happy Endings” guest star James Wolk is the first actor to sign on to USA’s miniseries “Political Animals.” He’ll play the son of a former first lady-turned-secretary of state whose family life is off the rails. [Deadline]
– Comedy Central has picked up its new sketch-comedy series “Key & Peele” for a second season. The show has been well-received by critics and debuted to 2.1 million viewers, the best series debut on the channel since 2009. [Comedy Central]
– Mara Brock Akil, the creator of “The Game,” and her husband, Salim Akil, have a new project in the works at BET. The cable channel has ordered a pilot for an hour-long show called “Single Black Female,” about the work and home life of an Atlanta-based talk show host. [Deadline]
– Pauly Shore is coming back to TV in an unexpected venue: CMT. Shore will star in the upcoming made-for-TV movie “Whiskey Business” opposite John Schneider and Tanya Tucker. According to a press release, Shore plays the son of a New Jersey mob boss who hides out in a small Southern town and starts churning out moonshine while falling in love with his new country-fied home. “Whiskey Business” is set to premiere March 25.