“Psych” is wrapping up its sixth season with “SantaBarbaratown,” the show’s send-up of film noir, specifically the 1974 Jack Nicholson-Faye Dunaway mystery “Chinatown.” We’ve seen it and it’s awesome, so here are five teases to tide you over until Wednesday night.
- The guest stars are excellent – Rob Estes is a suspect, Lolita Davidovich is a spurned waitress and Amanda Schull is outstanding as a blonde femme fatale who seems to be hiding an awful lot.
- Keep your eye out for the “Chinatown” references – Robert Towne was the screenwriter, Ida Sessions was a character, oh, and … there’s a pretty key plot point that is creatively used.
- We find out what Shawn carries around in his wallet – it’s a picture of a blonde woman, but it’s not Jules.
- Speaking of Jules, she and Shawn take (for Shawn) a giant leap forward in their relationship this episode. Squeal!
- And another relationship that takes some lovely strides forward is Shawn and Henry. This might actually be our favorite Corbin Bernsen episode yet.
- There’s a cliffhanger that made us yell right out loud – but we can’t tell you what it is!
So be sure to tune in Wednesday night at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA for the Season 6 finale of “Psych.”