“Homeland” premiered its Season 2 trailer at Comic-Con, and — no shocker here — it is another action-packed, nail-biting, thriller.
1. Brody (Damian Lewis) wins the election and is a U.S. Congressman — taking “making a difference” to a whole new level.
2. Carrie (Claire Danes) is a professor, grading students’ papers instead of doing her own intelligence work until she is approached by the CIA for a three-day undercover mission to Beirut. “We just need you to meet with your asset and find out what she knows.”
3. Brody is involved — as a politician — in Carrie’s mission, which threatens to turn into a “Blackhawk Down situation.” When the “mission profile” switches “from capture to kill,” Brody tells the shady vice president: “I am not a terrorist. I am a U.S. Congressman.” Uh-huh.
4. The first two episodes take place in Beirut, which showrunner Howard Gordon told panelists was filmed in Israel. “The atmosphere is charged [in Israel]. That tension translated to some of the film we got.”
5. When asked whether Danes’ real-life pregnancy will translate to her character, EP Howard Gordon confirms, “Carrie will be unpregnant!” in Homeland.
“Homeland” returns Sunday, Sept. 30 at 10 p.m. on Showtime.