If the four-minute trailer for “The Walking Dead’s” third season is any indication, fans of the AMC zombie-pocalypse drama are in for a heck of a ride. Again. The trailer debut to a packed Hall H at Comic-Con on Friday (July 13) and did not disappoint. Not even one bit. Here’s why.
1. The trailer is taut, to the point and well-paced and gives a taste of what kind of pace to expect: fast and full of zombies.
2. The first look at Michonne (Danai Gurira) and the Governor (David Morrissey) in action. Granted, Michonne’s action — taking down zombies with her trusty sword — is the more exciting. The Governor just chills us with a hard stare and welcomes us to Woodbury.
3. Plot point! Andrea and Michonne get “captured” by the Governor, who keeps them — apparently against their will — in his fortified zombie-free town.
4. Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus). That is all.
5. Karl is a full-fledged pre-teen. Talk about a growth spurt. A clearly taller Chandler Riggs sports long shaggy hair and a petulant snarl. We’re hoping he’s outgrown all those memes.
See for yourself: