A smorgasbord of TV news, served up in bite-sized pieces, including items on “Parks and Recreation,” another “Arrested Development” return and more.
– Jean-Ralphio is back! “House of Lies” star Ben Schwartz will return to “Parks and Recreation” this season as Tom’s (Aziz Ansari) endearingly annoying fellow would-be baller. He’s set to appear in an episode scheduled for Nov. 1, though in what capacity remains a secret — as does what his hair will look like this time out. [TVLine]
– The Emmys have lined up their first set of presenters. Nominees Louis C.K., Amy Poehler and Jim Parsons will present awards at the Sept. 23 ceremony, as will Ricky Gervais, Ginnifer Goodwin and Mindy Kaling. [ATAS]
– Yet another former “Arrested Development” guest star is returning for the show’s revival — or at least is angling to return. “Parenthood’s” Mae Whitman says she “definitely” wants to reprise her role as Ann Veal (Who?), George Michael’s (Michael Cera) strangely forgettable girlfriend. [Hollywood.com]
– Former “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” regular Emma Caulfield will guest-star on USA’s “Royal Pains” when it wraps up its season in December. She’ll play Hank’s (Mark Feuerstein) ex-girlfriend in a pair of episodes. [TVLine]
– NBC is returning to “West Wing” territory with a drama project called “White House Confidential” from “Smash” producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron and writer Sri Rao (“General Hospital”). It’s described as an upstairs-downstairs view of the White House with a female doctor as the lead character. [Deadline]