It could’ve been worse.
That’s the title of a satirical “campaign film” aired last night (Sept. 6) on “The Daily Show” following Obama’s DNC acceptance speech.
In his narration — over media coverage of the disastrous events of the past four years — the “Curb Your Enthusiasm” curmudgeon emphasizes the “positives.”
Some highlights of how “the president used the power of his office to lessen the badness”:
- The Obama Doctrine: Less bad is better than more bad.
- Nobody mentioned the 60 percent of the country that wasn’t burning or covered in oil.
- OK, he didn’t close Guantamo — but it didn’t get any bigger, so it’s in remission!
- Health reform is better than cancer.
- For a black president to not get hit by an asteroid, that’s a success.
- No zombie apocalypse.
In summary, David says, “As president, he was pretty, pretty…not as bad as he could’ve been.”