Washington D.C. is about to be taken over by puppeteers and supporters of the public broadcasting system for the “Million Puppet March,” scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 3, just three days before the 2012 presidential election.
The march is in response to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney saying during the first presidential debate that one of the ways he would balance the budget is by cutting the subsidy to PBS, which broadcasts prolific children’s program “Sesame Street.”
We made the name change at the request of:
- Sock puppets who felt they were getting lost
- Hand puppets who wanted to lend a hand
- Marionettes who wanted to pull the strings for a change
- Mascots who wanted to join the team
- Shadow puppets who felt left in the dark
- And finger puppets who… well, you know what they were giving us
All the information can be found at the site, or on Facebook, where over 1000 people have RSVP’d. We don’t necessarily think they will get to one million marchers, but 1000 is a good start.