A month ago, Barbara Palvin was known in the modeling world, but she was hardly a tabloid figure. All it takes is one little date with world famous pop star Justin Bieber to get the chatter chatting, though, and by the time the Victoria’s Secret fashion show aired on Tuesday night, Palvin’s name was all over the blogs.
After they taped the fashion show last month, Bieber — who was allegedly having problems in his relationship with Selena Gomez — spent an evening in Palvin’s company. According to reports, they went to see “The Lion King” on Broadway together, and then hung out with some of Bieber’s pals at an NYC hotel. When Gomez saw photos of the Victoria’s Secret model and Bieber on Instagram, she wasn’t too pleased, and the couple headed into a tumultuous spot in their relationship, including public fights and some Los Angeles dramatics.
By the time the American Music Awards rolled around, though, Bieber and Gomez were definitely back on — and Palvin had been all but forgotten. There’s no doubt that her name will be popping up more often, though, so here are 5 things to know about the model.
1. She’s only 19 years old — totally in Biebs’ age range. Palvin has been working as a model since she was just 13.
2. She’s from Hungary. Palvin was born in Budapest and was discovered there as a kid, when a modeling scout spotted her on the street.
3. She’s a singer! Though she’s focused on modeling as a career, singing is Palvin’s favorite hobby — sometimes she even sings live during UStream chats with her fans. Perhaps their mutual love of music is what gave her and Bieber that extra connection?
4. She’s fallen victim to Bieber fever, but she’s not a Selena Gomez fan. Last December, before Palvin met Bieber, she had conflicting feelings about him. “I don’t have a favorite Justin Bieber song, I don’t say I like him,” she said. “I had Bieber fever for two days which is why I was singing him, but I don’t like him. I don’t like Selena Gomez, by the way.”
5. She’s done print work for Armani Exchange, H&M, and Pull and Bear. She’s also an “ambassador” for L’Oreal Paris. In addition to the Victoria’s Secret show, Palvin has walked for Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Nina Ricci, Emanuel Ungaro, Christopher Kane, Julien MacDonald, Jeremy Scott, Vivienne Westwood, Etro, and Chanel — among others!