Producers for popular romance reality show “The Bachelor” are once again taking spoiler site guru “Reality” Steve Carbone to court. The show previously sued Carbone in December 2011
for getting his hands on confidential show information from cast and crew members.
In June, the lawsuit settled, as parent company Warner Bros. got Carbone to agree to have no further contact with any of the cast, crew or employees of “The Bachelor.” But now Carbone is back under the microscope as another lawsuit looms.
The producers are alleging that Carbone’s spoilers for the upcoming “Bachelor” season, starring Sean Lowe and debuting Monday, Jan. 7, was confidential information he gleaned from participants in the series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The lawsuit alleges Carbone posted “non-public information” in “increasingly vivid details,” including shot-by-shot descriptions of several episodes. The new lawsuit also says that according to the settlement last June, Carbone has a $10,000-per-violation penalty if he contacts those involved in production of the show.
“The Bachleor” producers are asking for a permanent injunction against Carbone as well as monetary damages.
Carbone tells THR that there is no proof that he violated his previous agreement, which did not prevent him from publishing spoilers, merely from contacting those involved with production. Carbone says the show is seeking to put him out of business through intimidation and litigation costs and that he is looking into a counterclaim.