Jow joins Aimee Teegarden and Titus Makin Jr. in the pilot, which is set in a world where aliens have made contact with Earth. It centers on a girl (Teegarden) who falls in love with one of the nine aliens who attend her high school. Jow will play a girl whose illness may have a chance of being cured thanks to the aliens.
In addition to “The Vampire Diaries,” Jow has appeared on “Big Time Rush” and in “The Social Network.”
Much more pilot casting news:
– Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block has joined the cast of CBS’ Boston-set comedy “The McCarthys,” as has Jessica Chaffin (“United States of Tara”). They’ll play two of the adult kids of parents Jack McGee and Jacki Weaver; Jake Lacy (“The Office”) is also in the cast. [Deadline]
– The CW’s remake of “The Tomorrow People” has cast Australian actor Luke Mitchell as one of the title characters, young men and women who represent the next stage of human evolution — i.e., they have special powers. Mitchell’s character is able to teleport and helps recruit others to the team.
– Marc Blucas (“Necessary Roughness,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) will star with Tricia Helfer in ABC’s drama “Killer Women.” Helfer plays the only female member of the Texas Rangers, and Blucas will play a DEA agent and her former boyfriend.
– Peter Cambor (“NCIS: LA”) has signed on to NBC’s comedy “Assistance” opposite Krysten Ritter. The show centers on Ritter’s character and her relationships with her fiance (Cambor) and her “work husband.”
– ABC’s drama “Influence,” from “Awake” creator Kyle Killen, has cast Steve Zahn in one of the two lead roles. It’s about two brothers who run an agency that uses the science of human motivation and manipulation to solve problems for its clients.
– Also at ABC, June Diane Raphael (“NTSF:SD:SUV”) has joined Mandy Moore in the comedy “Pulling,” about three female friends in their 30s. Raphael will play the lead role of Donna, who hits a rough patch in life and moves in with her friends.