They also were willing to share a whole bunch of tidbits about upcoming episodes. What did we learn? Here are 10 spoilers from the panel presented by the Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles.
1. In the next episode, “Quick Hardening Caulk,” (airing on Tuesday, March 19) fans of the Jess-Nick relationship will be pleased to know that — thanks in part to pain medication — the feelings between the two get brought out into the open.
3. “Man’s Night” is really not the best idea for a bar promotion, even if there are tubs of nachos involved.
4. A fish is very important to the episode. Although the fish in question might really be a metaphor and said fish’s tank causes some trouble.
5. By the end of the episode, Nick (Jake Johnson) has a black eye and utters the following line: “This little piggy ran around to different markets.”
6. The upcoming episode set in Chicago with Nick’s family is going to be a big one. Unfortunately the gang has a sad reason to return to the Millers’ hometown — Nick’s dad is going to die.
7. But don’t worry that “New Girl” will lose its fun with a death. In addition to a stellar cast playing the Miller family (including Margo Martindale and Nick Kroll), Jess (Zooey Deschanel) will dress up like Elvis Presley.
8. Remember that cute little old lady (Ellen Albertini Dow) in “The Wedding Singer” who performed “Rapper’s Delight”? Well she’s still around (at 99!) and makes an appearance in this same episode.
9. The wise(?) old Asian man who gave Nick a water massage a few episodes back will return in a Season 2 episode. Alas, he will not cradle Nick in his arms this time.
10. “New Girl” is currently filming a flashback episode in which we learn how each of the roommates lost his or her virginity. Schmidt’s first time happened back in the days of Fat Schmidt and involved an excessive amount of lubricant.
“New Girl” airs Tuesdays at 9pm on FOX.