“Psych” is celebrating 100 episodes by airing a guest-star-filled spectacular that pays homage to the movie “Clue.” Here are some juicy tidbits to tide you over until March 27, “Psych”-Os.
- Everyone knows that “Clue” stars Martin Mull, Christopher Lloyd and Lesley Ann Warren are guest-starring. One co-star who could obviously not be there is Madeline Kahn, who sadly passed away in 1999 of ovarian cancer. But there are several nice shout-outs to her “Clue” appearance. Awww.
- The “Psych” intro gets the “Clue” treatment — might be our favorite special credits sequence the show has done.
- Shawn gets invited to this mysterious party by none other than a singing telegram girl (check out the above video). It’s nice to see this one doesn’t get shot.
- Steve Valentine guest-stars as Billy Lipps, a former rock star who went to jail for murder. Viewers will be delighted to hear Valentine play some guitar and flex the golden pipes as Lipps.
- There’s an outstanding set of “weapons” that includes an acetylene torch, a paintball gun and a saxophone.
- Christopher Lloyd has a shout-out to another famous character of his. We bet you know which one.
Other than that, we cannot divulge any more, but we can promise you that it’s awesome. Don’t forget — fans can vote during the episode for which ending they want to see. East Coast viewers might get a different one from West Coast viewers — the third ending will be on the Season 7 DVDs.
“Psych” airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA.