Sometimes, fame and icon status are not enough to remain on “Dancing with the Stars.” Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani found it out when the country-music star was the first elimination of Season 16 in week 3.
Considering that Wynonna and Tony had the lowest score of the night in the third week of the competition, it’s not a huge shock that they were the ones to get sent home when the results came in. Wynonna didn’t get the scores — but she surprisingly didn’t get the votes either!
The week 3 standings
1. Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough — 25 points
2. (tie) Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff — 24 points
2. (tie) Zendaya and Val Chmerkovskiy — 24 points
4. (tie) Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas — 23 points
4. (tie) Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold — 23 points
6. (tie) Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd — 21 points
6. (tie) Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson — 21 points
6. (tie) Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Shavchenko — 21 points
9. Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess — 18 points
10. D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke — 16 points
11. Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani — 15 points
The rest of the results
The initial results were announced in four groups over the course of the show.
Zendaya and Jacoby Jones found out that they were safe right at the beginning of the show, when the two celebrities were crowned Prom Queen and King.
A few minutes later, two more couples had to face the results. It wasn’t much of a surprise when Kellie and Derek — already front-runners in the season — were announced as safe. A bit more surprising was the safe result for D.L. and Cheryl. D.L. Hughley must have some dedicated fans to avoid the low scores and negative comments from the judges!
The third group contained the first two couples stuck in jeopardy for week 3 — Lisa & Gleb and Andy & Sharna. Meanwhile, Sean & Peta and Victor & Lindsay were declared safe.
The final group to hear their initial results led to Aly & Mark and Ingo & Kym being safe while Wynonna & Tony were in jeopardy.
The bottom two
With Lisa and Gleb declared safe at the end, the bottom two couples for week 3 were Andy/Sharna and Wynonna/Tony.
In the end, the higher scores from the judges may have been what saved Andy and Sharna. Wynonna and Tony went home instead. She didn’t look happy about it. Not that Wynonna Judd has looked terribly happy about much on “Dancing with the Stars.”
Was this the right couple to go home? Who would you have chosen for elimination instead?