“Psych” has almost ended its seventh season, with just two new episodes left. The season finale, “No Trout About It,” caps off a stellar run, so we’ve got some teases for you about how everyone’s favorite detectives close out Season 7.
- Anthony Michael Hall guest stars as Harris Trout, a consultant brought in to take a hard look at the department and its, shall we say, unconventional ways of doing police work.
- The Case of the Week ends (starts?) with a rather awesome car crash, then is revealed through a series of flashbacks.
- At the scene of the crash, Henry has a rather interesting encounter that does not get resolved during the finale. Fingers crossed the show picks that thread up in Season 8.
- Remember in the “Go On” finale (you should remember, because you should have watched it, it was a great show), Ryan scattered cake mix instead of his wife’s ashes? Shawn tries to pull that gag — in a different way.
- There’s a great callback to Marlowe’s bachelorette party. Oh, drunk Chief Vick. We love you so.
- Speaking of Chief Vick, we thought we could not love her more. But we were wrong. After this episode, we love her even more.
- The cliffhanger ending isn’t quite as dramatic as Henry being shot last year, but it actually leaves us with many more questions than the Season 6 finale. It’s a game-changer, Psych-Os.
“Psych” airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA, with the season finale coming your way on May 29.