The inspiration for the governor’s “Slow Jam the News” performance was the special election coming up in New Jersey to fill a vacant Senate seat. While important, this news is not terribly interesting. That is, it’s not interesting until accompanied by the smooth sounds of a slow jam.
- “Chris Christie’s about to give New Jersey a huge election.” This shouldn’t sound dirty. But it does.
- Governor Chris Christie has very expressive eyebrows.
- It’s important to include the NSA in all late-night jokes this week.
- “The Luv Guv.” All politicians should aspire to this title.
- Jimmy Fallon managed to sneak in a “Yo Mama” joke. That’s both random and impressive.
- The sideways look Jimmy gave Christie at the “my full weight” comment was far funnier than anything actually said about the joke.
- Chris Christie really isn’t very good at slow jamming. He’s a good sport and all, but his style doesn’t work quite right. Fortunately, he’s a politician and not a career slow jammer.