Though early reports claimed that illicit drug use wasn’t a factor in Cory Monteith‘s death, it turns out that a combination of heroin and alcohol is what led to the 31-year-old “Glee” actor’s early demise.
The BC Coroners Service released a letter that confirmed Monteith died from mixed drug toxicity. According to the post-mortem analysis, the lethal combination that led to Monteith’s death was an accident.
“Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased,” the letter reads. “The investigation into this death by the BC Coroners Service is continuing, and no other details are available at this time. It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
The full investigation of Monteith’s death has not yet concluded, and the BC Coroners Service says it won’t issue another statement until the investigation ends.
Following Monteith’s death, “Glee” executive producers, 20th Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company issued a joint statement reading, “We are deeply saddened by this tragic news. Cory was an exceptional talent and an even more exceptional person. He was a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones.”