Eli and Peyton Manning are great football players. The two pro-athlete brothers have proven themselves a force to be reckoned with on the field. Leaders of the rap world, however, need not fear too much from the quarterbacks.
Honestly, the “Saturday Night Live”-centered Lonely Island boys are probably safe too. There isn’t much of a future for the Mannings in the rap world.
That’s not to say that the three-minute video of Eli and Peyton rapping about “football on your phone” through the streets of New Orleans isn’t funny. It is. Even without the odd hairdos and random dancing girls, this would be an entertaining bit of diversion. It’s just not much of a rap.
What are some of the highlights of the Manning rap video?
- The awkward spoken opening that actually provides information in this ad may explain why DirecTV went with a rap.
- “Look at this guy using his phone as a phone!”
- Of course dancing girls would be hanging out next to some port-a-potties. That’s normal.
- “When you’re buttering a scone, football on your phone!”
- “It’s like I spilled milk all over your blouse by accident — or on purpose. It’s like the milk is like football, and your blouse is the phone.” This makes no sense, right?
- Manning dad Archie supports his sons’ rap by dressing up like Liberace.
At least this is a super-catchy tune.