“The Expendables 3” just added two big names to its roster. After Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas‘ involvements were teased by Sylvester Stallone earlier this year, a rep for the lead Expendable confirms those castings are happening.
According to The Huffington Post, Gibson will play the movie’s villain. No word on Banderas’ role, but the rep says he’s still in negotiations. “He is a consummate actor and a gentleman,” Stallone says of Banderas.
Also recently cast in “The Expendables 3” is Harrison Ford, who admitted on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” that he hasn’t seen a single one of the movies. “I’m trying to find time to see one of them, at least,” he says. “I really don’t care what it is.”
“The Expendables 3” will feature some new faces like Nicolas Cage, Milla Jovovich, Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes, Steven Seagal and Jackie Chan, as well as returning favorites Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The flick is due out on Aug. 15, 2014.