“Glee” Season 5 has had promos. But none of them are like the “Come Together” video released on Thursday (Sept. 5). Full of new footage, bits of dialog and Beatles tunes, this may be one of the best and happiest “Glee” promos ever.
The first two episodes of the upcoming season will have the music of the Beatles at their core. Sure, there’s plot too, but the music is key. That is more than a little evident in this video, scored to “All You Need Is Love” by the Fab Four.
It doesn’t hurt, however, that there is a fair amount of spoiler-heavy footage from the upcoming season as well. Namely:
- Impersonations of the early Beatles are done by Blaine, Sam, Jake and Ryder.
- There is definitely some “Sgt. Pepper” action going on in there too.
- Even over in New York, Rachel seems to be wearing a ’60s-inspired dress.
- “Seriously, can anyone still relate to the Beatles?” “Pretty much the entire world.”
- The scene in which Kurt runs past a marching band — that has a Kurt-Blaine kiss in it somewhere.
- Either the entire world is celebrating Kurt, or else he is having some pretty epic dream sequences here.
- We may not yet know how Sue Sylvester becomes the McKinley High principal, but somehow that process has made Principal Figgins into the janitor.
“Glee” premieres Thursday, Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. on FOX.