“Haven” will not be quite the same when the show returns for Season 4 on Friday (Sept. 13). The question is: How different?
For some answers, we talked to actors Colin Ferguson (William) and Adam Copeland (Dwight) during the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. What will be Dwight’s new role on the show? Who is this William guy anyway? You can watch the video for the full interview, or else check out a few spoiler highlights below.
- When talking about William, Ferguson (best known for playing Sheriff Jack Carter on “Eureka”) teased a few things without giving much away. “There’s sort of a strange connection between Emily and I,” he said. “It’s quasi-attraction, it’s quasi-friendship. And yet, at the same time, you don’t know if I want to help her or hurt her.”
- While William does appear early in episode 1, the relationship between him and Emily Rose‘s
AudreyLexie is still developing as late as the fourth episode of the new season. Most of William’s action will take place with that character as well.
- How long could William stick around? As of episode 8, he is still alive.
- Dwight has a somewhat different function in Haven by the time Season 4 begins. He is basically a “pillar” of the community now. “Everybody’s gone crazy, and we’re trying to hold it together,” Copeland said.
- If you’re looking for fun stuff, Colin Ferguson starts eating sushi about halfway through the video. Also, the laughter at the beginning of the video comes from the fact that Ferguson had just told the table about how much he hates vague questions like, “So … ‘Haven’?”
- Did you ever watch “The Polka-Dot Door” or “Mr. Dress-Up”? They were great kids’ shows.
- Both men are very happy with the addition of Emma Lahana to the cast as Jennifer. This means that
AudreyLexie will not have to be the only girl around.
- Jennifer will be hanging out with Duke (Eric Balfour) a lot. When asked why so many women show up in Duke’s company immediately, Ferguson had the perfect answer: “Have you met him?!”
“Haven” Season 4 premieres Friday, Sept. 13 at 10 p.m. on Syfy.