It stands in marked contrast to the last time Kardashian got engaged, to Kris Humphries a little more than two years ago. Rather than rent out a ballpark and hire a 50-piece orchestra as West did, Humphries went the candelight-and-rose-petals route.
It’s probably safe to assume that West’s proposal, like Humphries’, will end up on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” so they at least have that in common. Digging deeper, though, we discovered some other similarities — the quotes Kim and her family members had about both relationships and the respective engagements. See if you can match the statements below to the man being discussed (unless noted, all quotes are from Kim herself). Answers are at the end of the post.
1. “I didn’t expect this at all. I was in such shock.”
2. “[I don’t] want my career to overshadow the love in my life.”
3. “I am the luckiest girl in the world! I get to marry my best friend!”
4. “He just has a really good heart. There has to be trust and honesty and chemistry. If you don’t have any of those, it’s never going to work.”
5. “You want your guy to think you’re really hot. I’ll put something on and [he’ll] say, ‘No, that doesn’t look good,’ and I’ll trust him.”
6. “He won’t be the main focus of the show or anything, but the reality of my life is that he is in it, so yeah, he will be on the show.”
7. “I like to keep all that stuff about why it’s so perfect and why it works and all that just between us.”
8. “It’s very comforting to have someone that knows everything about you, that respects you, understands, has gone through the similar things.”
9. Khloe Kardashian: “It feels soooo good to finally let the secret out. We’ve been holding this in since last week! LOL. I had no idea I could keep such a big happy secret quiet for so long!”
Answers: Humphries – 1, 4, 6, 9. West – 2, 3, 5, 7, 8.