“Jimmy Kimmel Live!” welcomed the cast of “Modern Family” on Monday (Oct. 7). All of the adult actors on the program — Ed O’Neill, Sofia Vergara, Julie Bowen, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet — were there to promote the 100th episode of the Emmy-winning program. That one airs this Wednesday (Oct. 9).
So what are the “Modern Family” actors like when hanging out with Jimmy Kimmel? Quotes from the six actors gives us a clue.
- “I am aggressively angry to be here right now.” – Eric Stonestreet, who would have rather been at the Dodgers game
- “We were shocked! Because we had lost everything.” – Julie Bowen on winning the Best Comedy Emmy this year
- “Plus, there was all that death at the Emmys” – Julie Bowen on the Emmys
- Sofia Vergara brought 21 guests to the Emmy red carpet — in previous years, security told her she was bringing too many people.
- “I thought it was a racist thing.” – Sofia Vergara, when cowbells were mentioned
- “I thought it was awesome!” – Jesse Tyler Ferguson on his wedding
“I honestly didn’t care for it.” – Eric Stonestreet
- “‘With my body, I thee worship’ — it’s like biblical porn!” – Julie Bowen, speaking of her co-star’s wedding vows
“That’s why I chose it. I like porn and I like the Bible.” – Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- “I say it or I just think it?” – Sofia Vergara, when asked to supply a game answer
- “I don’t know what Facebook is.” – Ed O’Neill
“Modern Family” airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on ABC.