“Once Upon a Time” has done a rather masterful job this season of sending characters off on quests that don’t really advance the plot much but provide enough character information and some action to fill an entire episode.
The “Good Form” episode of “OUAT” was no exception, though seeing Colin O’Donoghue in a starring role for an hour was a-OK with us. But what did we actually learn from the episode?
- Henry’s starting to get more and more encased in the Lost Boy culture, though hopefully the message he received from his two moms and Grandma Mary-Margaret is enough to keep his wits about him.
- Captain Hook used to be a morally straight Naval officer, but his brother’s death from Dreamshade on Neverland is what pushed him to become a pirate, balking at the King’s quest for them to retrieve the deadly poison so he might use it in battle.
- Peter Pan has more than one captive right now — who do you suppose it is?
Questions we have after “Good Form”:
- We can’t wait to see more of Hook’s backstory, like his becoming Captain Hook (as opposed to Captain Jones).
- So, David supposedly cannot leave Neverland now or he’ll die (though at least he’s safe on the island). But Mary-Margaret and Emma drank from Hook’s flask too. Is it possible there’s some of the magic water in there and now they can’t leave either? We can’t imagine the show will keep all those main characters away from Storybrooke for the entire season.
- Will Hook tell Emma about Neal? The Hook-Emma kiss was every bit as hot as another jungle kiss between a Good Girl and a Bad Guy, but now that he’s gotten to her, will Hook tell Emma Neal is alive and in Neverland?
- And what’s the box?
It could very well by Rumpel’s father, since we know he left, Peter Pan has a history with Rumpel dating back to childhood and that doll of Rumpel’s keeps appearing on the island. Who else could it be? Ariel appears next week, it could be her — though we aren’t sure what Pan wants with a mermaid. Just magic? Something else?
What are your guesses, “OUAT” fans?
David: “I had a brother too, you know, a twin. He died before I ever met him.”
Captain Hook: “There were two of you? I can barely stomach one.”
Peter Pan: “A one-handed pirate with a drinking problem? I’m no grown-up, but I’m pretty sure that’s less than appealing.”