“American Horror Story: Coven” is airing the second half of its spooktacular Halloween special on Wednesday, Nov. 6 and “Burn, Witch, Burn” does not disappoint as a follow-up to last week’s “Fearful Pranks Ensue.”
Viewers can definitely look forward to more of the zombies, which actor Brian Oerly tells Zap2it was actually scaled back a little last week.
“They actually cut quite a bit from [the barn scene],” says Oerly. “It was pretty messy. … There was a lot of blood. They cut it down quite a bit. They played this music kind of loud over my screaming and hollering, I think they knocked it down. I think it was a little too much.”
Oerly plays Clifton, one of the white men in 1961 who was part of the terrible lynching of the young boy Henry, played by Tyson Ford.
“We actually cut a lot of that scene too, which is completely understandable,” says Oerly. “It was a horrible scene. … We grabbed a hold of the kid and were dragging him down the alley. It was a little bit more brutal [than what aired], if that’s possible. It was intense just to [film] what we did.”
“[Ford] was so great, such a trooper. At one point, I pulled him aside, his mom was there, I introduced myself, I said you know all this isn’t real. He was such a cool kid,” Oerly adds.
This week, the zombies are back and they are descending upon Miss Robichaux’s Academy. Oerly can’t divulge too much, but it sounds like an epic showdown.
“It’s all very hush-hush. We’ve been warned a few times we aren’t to reveal any secrets or else,” laughs Oerly. “Basically, Marie Laveau brings us back from the dead as her zombie army to essentially fight the witches, but that’s pretty much all I can say. She brings us back to fight as her army.”
We’ve actually seen the episode and we have a few more tidbits to tide you over until tonight’s episode.
- The zombie attack on the school is not without a death. “AHS: Coven” is starting to give “The Walking Dead” a run for its gore money.
- The Council is back, which is a lot of fun because those three actors are spectacular. Who do you think comes out victorious in the Myrtle vs. Fiona war?
- The zombie attack ends with a rather surprising turn of events, one that leaves Marie Laveau and the viewers with some questions.
- In other news, Cordelia might have a new power, but is it one she wants?
- Something is getting rather … ripe in the attic.
“American Horror Story: Coven” airs Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.