Both shows will return on Tuesday, Feb. 25, with “R&I” debuting at 9 p.m. ET and “Perception” following at 10. The two are continuing seasons begun in the summer — the fourth for “Rizzoli & Isles” and the second for “Perception.”
More TV news and notes:
– Olympic ski champion Lindsey Vonn will be the subject of a half-hour special at 7 p.m. ET Friday (Nov. 15) on Universal Sports. “Lindsey Vonn: The Return” features an in-depth interview with her about her comeback from a horrific crash at last season’s world championships and her attempt to defend her Olympic title in 2014.
– “Person of Interest” has tapped Camryn Manheim (“The Practice”) and Saul Rubinek (“Warehouse 13″) for guest roles later this season. They’ll recur as a married couple whose lives are endangered, while at the same time dealing with the husband’s deteriorating mental state. [TVLine]
– The premiere of “Killing Kennedy” was Nat Geo’s most-watched program ever — barely. The movie’s debut Sunday drew 3.354 million people, just beating the 3.351 million who watched “Killing Lincoln” in February.
– Comedy Central has canceled “The Jeselnik Offensive” after two seasons. Host Anthony Jeselnik announced the cancellation during a set at the New York Comedy Festival over the weekend.
– Abby Elliott and Dan Fogler have joined the cast of TBS’ Conan O’Brien-produced pilot “Living the Dream,” about a group of friends who hope to revitalize their hometown by re-opening a dormant brewery. Elliott will play a friend and possible love interest of the main character, while Fogler is set to play another member of the group. [TVLine]
– HBO is developing “Mr. Director,” a “Curb Your Enthusiasm”-esque comedy project focusing on director and producer Salim Akil (“The Game,” “Jumping the Broom”). Akil will write and direct the pilot and also play a version of himself. [Deadline]