There shouldn’t be much argument over the fact that Patrick Stewart won the Internet in 2013.
From his stoned “quadruple take” video to his Ian McKellen bromance to his Chuck E Cheese wedding celebration, the 73-year-old “Star Trek: The Next Generation” alum was simultaneously awesome, hilarious and enlightening.
Though Stewart’s greatness spread to all facets of the Internet, it was primarily concentrated on his Twitter account.
Without further ado, here are his 13 best tweets in 2013.
13. Taking the “X-Men: Days of Future Past” fire in stride
Nothing like an early start to the weekend – though not when your hotel is on fire.— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) May 4, 2013
12. Oh, the horror! Subway’s sandwiches deconstructed!
Skulduggery! Is nothing sacred? I shan’t bother to get out of bed ever again. http://t.co/g6XcDk3y— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) January 18, 2013
11. Turning into a crotchety old man?
Tonight front row woman texting for 10 minutes of Godot. At dinner, drunken group with a 4mo old crying baby after midnight. #amIreallyold
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) November 22, 2013
10. The feels, you guys. The feels
Help. Found a tiny baby bird in my garden and brought it in. What can I do? pic.twitter.com/ZupAYjDatI
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) May 19, 2013
9. The pizza confession heard round the world
My first ever pizza “slice”. Please note: the authentic NY fold. pic.twitter.com/X7nWRbftyh
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) May 29, 2013
8. We all have our own cell phone problems, but this is a new one
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) June 7, 2013
7. First world hockey problems
This close! WHY didn’t I bring my skates! pic.twitter.com/o4XamSkTJL
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) May 3, 2013
6. This couldn’t be more adorable if a baby had done it
Self portrait with candy floss pic.twitter.com/x9mSURFOln
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) May 9, 2013
5. The best of the Stewart-McKellen photos from their “Two Plays in Rep” run
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) September 13, 2013
4. One of the best Halloween costumes of 2013, in addition to the best tweets
Happy Halloween. pic.twitter.com/ugLBMzAeNF
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) October 31, 2013
3. The bromance between these two is hard to be beaten
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) July 22, 2013
2. Best wedding celebration ever? Yes, indeed
Yes, married. pic.twitter.com/ZSMnpluSeL
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) September 8, 2013
1. No caption necessary
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) June 11, 2013
Which were your favorite of Stewart’s tweets in 2013?