The latest “Psych” episode, titled “S.E.I.Z.E. the Day,” saw Lassiter get some pretty big news — but don’t keep reading if you don’t want to be spoiled.
Lassie’s gonna be a daddy!
Marlowe dropped quite the bombshell on Carlton Jebediah Lassiter when she told him that she’s pregnant. It caused the normally guns-blazing hero to turn into a frightened little man, scared to do anything while chasing bad guys because of how he could be killed in the line of duty and leave them all alone.
But in the end, Lassiter realizes that he just has to do his best and try to make the world safer for his son — he’s assuming it’s a boy and we are going to laugh and laugh when it turns out to be a girl.
Meanwhile, Harris Trout (guest star Anthony Michael Hall) continues to terrorize the department as the interim chief of police, demoting Lassie to beat cop and refusing to hire Shawn and Gus. Here’s hoping the reign of Trout is over soon.
Thoughts & Tidbits
- We would very much like to see Phylicia Rashad on the underground poker circuit going in on pocket ducks against Ronan the Crippler. We smell spinoff!
- What did Shawn’s life coach acronym S.E.I.Z.E end up standing for? Seize, Eggs, I don’t know, Zebras and the Eighties? Is that right? Sounds about right.
- We hate episodes where there isn’t much Henry, so hopefully we’ll see more of him as the season goes on.
- Shawn’s Billy Bob Thornton line from “Tombstone” was spot-on and hilarious, as was Lassie saying that he’s your huckleberry. If you’ve never seen it, the 1993 western is worth a watch.
- We sincerely hope that “Psych” returns for a ninth season ecause we would really like to see Lassiter and Marlowe’s baby arrive. As of right now, Season 8 is likely the end, but there hasn’t been an official announcement one way or the other.
Gus: “You can’t just become a life coach without life or coaching skills.”
Shawn: “I’m Shawn Spencer and this is my partner Trending Ontwitter.”
Gus: “Hashtag What Would Gus Do?”
Shawn: “Gus, don’t be the 100th luft balloon.”
Lassiter: “Go away Spencer, or I will pierce your lower intestine with a safety pin.”
Lassiter: “Having a baby shouldn’t make me scared, it should make me even sharper than I was before. … Because I’m Carlton ‘Danger’ Lassiter. You wanna draw against me, say when. … I’m your Huckleberry. Say when.”
Shawn: “Doc? Hell, I didn’t know you was back in town.”