Amazon Studios confirmed on Monday (March 31) that it was renewing “Alpha House” for Season 2 and was picking up two dramas, two comedies and two kids’ shows. No dates have been announced yet for airings of any of these series.
The pilots ordered to series are:
- “The After” — From Chris Carter (“The X-Files”), the show will follow eight strangers thrown together and needing to survive in a violent and mysterious world. Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jamie Kennedy, Sharon Lawrence, Jaina Lee Ortiz, Adrian Pasdar and Louise Monot star.
- “Bosch” — Based on Michael Connelly’s book series, “Bosch” is a drama about a relentless LAPD homicide detective. Titus Welliver, Annie Wersching and Jamie Hector star.
- “Mozart in the Jungle” — The half-hour comedic drama takes on sex, drugs and classical music. It stars Gael Garcia Bernal, Saffron Burrows, Lola Kirke, Malcolm McDowell, Bernadette Peters and Peter Vack.
- “Transparent” — This dramedy focuses on a boundary-challenged Los Angeles family and explores sex, gender and more after a dramatic admission brings out secrets. Jeffrey Tambor, Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass star in the series.
- “Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street” — Aimed at older kids, this is a live-action adventure show focusing on three friends exploring their normal, but possibly magical, suburban neighborhood.
- “Wishenpoof!” — From the creator of “Blue’s Clues,” this is a pre-school-targeted, animated series about Bianca, a character with wish magic. The idea is to promote making good choices.