When “Dancing with the Stars” came to an end Monday night (March 24), two pairings were shown the door following a surprise double elimination. One of the eliminated celebs, Sean Avery, suspects a bit of foul play.
During an appearance on “Good Morning America” Tuesday, Avery blamed a disagreement he had with producers of the show for his elimination. “I think we knew as of Monday last week that our fate was sealed,” he says. “I had a conversation with [executive producer] Conrad Green … I was upset with the package they had run the week previous. It was a very tacky attempt to show me as the bad boy of ‘Dancing with the Stars.’
“I think that in reality TV, or some sort of competition, if you have a disagreement with producers, then generally that seals your fate quite early,” he adds. Still, the former hockey player says he had the time of his life on the show and admits the training he underwent was the toughest he’s experienced.
Later in the show, the judges also made an appearance to announced that they will also be inviting guest judges onto “Dancing with the Stars” for the rest of the season, beginning with Robin Roberts.