– Syfy has announced a new premiere date for “Sharknado 2: The Second One.” The sequel to the cult made-for-TV movie will now debut Wednesday, July 30, which is one day prior to the previously-announced premiere. The poster has also been released (above, left).
– Cindy Crawford and Bret Michaels have been announced as “Oprah’s Lifeclass” first-ever guest teachers, airing Wednesday, April 2 at 3 p.m. ET (Crawford) and 7 p.m. ET (Michaels) on Oprah.com. Crawford will share the five simple questions women can use to tap into their true passion and potential, plus share her own life lessons and epiphany moment.
– Showtime has ordered a new series from documentarian Morgan Spurlock called “Seven Deadly Sins.” The show will feature Spurlock examining the darker, twisted side of human nature — as Spurlock puts it, a sort of non-fiction “Alfred Hitchcock Presents.” It will premiere at 11 p.m. on June 19. [Variety]
– Syfy has set premiere dates for “Defiance” Season 2 and new drama “Dominion.” Beginning on June 19, the network kicks off its Thursday night block, with “Defiance” premiering at 8 p.m. ET/PT and “Dominion” to air a 90-minute premiere immediately following. Subsequent weeks, “Dominion” will go to hour-long episodes. The new show is set 25 years after the events of the 2010 movie “Legion” and stars Christopher Egan, Anthony Stewart Head and Alan Dale.
– Season 2 of “Mickey Mouse,” the multiple Emmy and Annie Award-winning comedy cartoon spotlighting Disney’s #1 star, debuts Fiday, April 11 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel. In the San Francisco-set season opener, “Cable Car Chaos,” Mickey and Minnie must stop a runaway cable car as it careens through the city’s famous streets.