The cast and producers of “Grimm” took the Ballroom 20 stage at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday (July 11) to talk about Season 5, and of course, there was one big question on everyone’s mind.
Is Juliette really dead? Really? Can we expect her to come back? “No,” says writer/producers David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf in unison. And unfortunately, Bitsie Tulloch (Juliette) was obviously very absent from the group that included David Giuntoli, Silas Weir Mitchell, Bree Turner, Claire Coffee, Sasha Roiz, Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee.
But then someone pipes up, “He speaks with forked tongue!” So, there you go, fans. Who knows what will happen.
Some other fun bits from the panel and Q&A:
- For the 100th episode, they plan on “explaining the d*** keys,” says Greenwalt.
- The Loch Ness Monster will be in Season 5!
- “Nick has lost his mom, his girlfriend, and … something else in the first episode,” says David Giuntoli. Greenwalt says Nick will have a significant emotional arc, that will include some Juliette flashbacks, in Season 5 as he adjusts to being a single father. What the baby will be like as it gets older remains to be seen.
- Silas Weir Mitchell on the future of Monrosalee: “In the same way that I was tried last year, I think something comes up for Rosalie similarly. In the same way I was left behind, I think you’re in peril somehow.” Bree Turner follows with “Rosalie’s addictions come back, and cause some major problems with the couple.” And it’s not over-shopping for Lands’ End cardigans, as was joked. Will Monrosalee have a baby? “They’re of the age, and so if it’s going to happen, it will happen, so perhaps,” says Bree Turner.
- Favorite creature? “Krampus,” says Giuntoli. “You’ve been naughty!”
- Reggie Lee as Sheriff Wu: “I bring more outfits to Season 5!”
- Where to Greenwalt and Kouf get their ideas from? “It’s a lot of time laying around on a couch,” says Kouf.
“Grimm” Season 5 is set to premiere on Oct. 30, 2015.