Who needs “Pokemon Go” when you can gear up for your very own “Game of Thrones” scavenger hunt?
“Game of Thrones” already dominates San Diego Comic-Con with Khaleesi cosplay and a line out the door to take photos on the Iron Throne, but this year fans have an interactive contest to look forward to.
HBO will be hosting a scavenger hunt for some of their greatest products released over the course of the series like their creepy Night King mask or Daenerys’ (Emilia Clarke) dragon queen jewelry. These products will be available on the Comic-Con floor, and HBO is challenging you to grab pictures with as many as possible, starting Wednesday (July 20).
The first 15 fans to complete all the challenges will win a “Game of Thrones” Clue Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack and a bunch of Westeros-themed goodies.
Check out more details about the scavenger hunt challenges and prizes below.
- Post a photo of yourself in front of the MEY for “Game of Thrones” jewelry display case inside the Hall of Faces Experience, located across from the Omni Hotel on L Street in the Gaslamp District. (Please note that the entry line forms early each morning.) The MEY for “Game of Thrones” collection features jewelry seen on and inspired by the hit series, created in a partnership between Emmy®-winning “Game of Thrones” costume designer Michele Clapton and the London-based jewelry brand Yunus & Eliza.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing (or with someone wearing) The Night King mask ($669.95) at CFX Booth #2944. Their silicone White Walker masks have been a hit at Comic Cons past, and now CFX is back with a new mask modeled after the king of the White Walkers. Pale blue striated flesh stretches upwards into a regal and organic ice crown to capture the look of this malevolent and powerful being.
- Post a photo of yourself with The Night King Bust (Metallic Silver) at Dark Horse Booth #2615. The bust measures 8-3/4 inches tall. His 12-inch arms are raised as if he is a conductor orchestrating a crescendo, while challenging Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch army as they retreat. This silver plated bust is available in a limited edition of 200 for $150.
- Post a photo of yourself wearing The Royal Crown of King Robert Baratheon at Factory Entertainment Booth #2647. Copied directly from the original screen-used prop, this 1:1 scale replica is finely crafted in solid metal to give it a heavy and suitably regal feel. Each limited edition replica (price TBA) is then hand-finished in a lustrous gold effect metal and has inset reproduction gemstones. The replica includes a specially designed iron sword motif display stand that allows the replica to rest on the hilts of four swords.
- Post a photo of yourself with a “Game of Thrones” Sigil Stationery Set at Insight Editions Booth #1703. These deluxe stationery sets ($34.95 each), themed to House Stark, House Lannister and House Targaryen, provide all the items fans will need to communicate with friends, bannermen, and faraway Maesters.
- [UPDATE: Due to overwhelming interest in the Game of Thrones Comic Con Scavenger Hunt, the process of selecting winners is being modified. Fans will now have until 5pm on Saturday, July 23, to complete all of the Twitter photo challenges.] Once all photos have been posted to Twitter using #GoTScavengerHunt, players can line up at USAopoly’s CLUE®: “Game of Thrones” Booth #1017 between 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT on Saturday to enter their name, contact info and Twitter handle in a raffle for a chance to win one of 15 prize packs valued at approximately $200. The CLUE®: “Game of Thrones” Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack ($19.95; $60 when purchased with CLUE®: “Game of Thrones”), includes two new character cards: Oberyn Martell and Barristan Selmy with power cards; six gold weapons: Poison Vial, Battle Axe, Arakh, Faceless Man Coin, Crossbow, Catspaw Assassin Dagger; and a custom scoring pad. Fans are welcome to stop by USAopoly’s booth anytime during regular Comic-Con hours to take their photo with CLUE®: “Game of Thrones” Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack and to play Solve the Mystery to win prizes.
Prize Pack Includes:
- CLUE®: “Game of Thrones” + CLUE®: “Game of Thrones” Convention Exclusive: Expansion Pack
- McFarlane Iron Throne Room Construction Set
- Factory Entertainment “Game of Thrones” plush figures
- Dark Horse Varys Figure
- Insight Editions Sigil Stationery Set
- “Game of Thrones” SDCC Exclusive The Night King T-shirt
On your marks, get set, scavenge! The hunt begins when the Comic-Con floor opens at 6 p.m. PT on Wednesday, July 20th.